Saturday, April 18, 2009

Greeting friends and family!

Welcome to the new webpage for the mission trip to Mombasa, Kenya! We are excited about all that the Lord has been doing in Africa and in the ways that he is working here in the States as well. I want start off by saying thank you so much to everyone for your prayers and financial support. It means so much to me and my family to hear how excited everyone is about this mission trip.

God is so amazing and works in ways that we never expect. In my narrow way of thinking I was thought that we would not have the funds to pay for the trip until the end of June, but God has provided! The entire amount has been raised for me to go to Kenya. Thank you all so much!

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to go into Oklahoma City and meet with the leaders of the team and the men and women who work at Reaching Souls International. They are great people and are working hard to get ready for the trip this summer. One of the things that they were doing at the time was packaging up the speakers that will be used for the open air crusades and other speaking events during the trip. The leaders at Reaching Souls International start sending the materials to Africa now so that everything will already be over there when we arrive in July.

In May or June there will be a team meeting in Oklahoma City where John McCloy and I will have the opportunity to get to know the other team members. John went with the group last year to Malawi and has told me many exciting things that God did last year. We are both looking forward to meeting our brothers and sisters that we will be going with to Kenya this summer.

I have never had a blog before and so I am learning as I go along. I am still playing with the page trying to figure out what everything does. I am not what you would call a computer wizard, so if anyone has any suggestions on anything I should do with the page please let me know.

Thank you all again for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment